The priority level and status of the bug in your list of choices means that your customer only has to choose the one they want to work on. This not only makes the entry process more efficient, but also saves time. Each priority level has a color linked to its degree of urgency, so you can see the priority tickets at a glance.
The comment column enables you to exchange live on the possible particularities of the bug or the precisions necessary for a good understanding on both sides.
Receive email notifications with every new bug report and notify your customer in return with every status change.
Tracking Bugs : Why is it Important ?
Due to an increase in demands of the software, assuring the quality of the software is becoming a challenge. However, due to its complexity, no software can claim to be issue-free. That’s why it is important to be quickly found, record, and track bugs.
A simple bug tracking table that allows you to easily manage and track all reported bugs. This template provides an easy to set up process for tracking bugs (bug tracker); for the purpose of collecting, organizing and processing bugs.
Most bug tracking tools can easily be complex and time consuming to set up! With the RowShare table, no big configuration period, you will have an easy handling of our tool.
How to Handle Bugs Efficiently
If your team decides to make a bug report, it’s important to define a comprehensive structure. There are many different elements that you can include. To give you an idea of how to report a defect in a bug tracking tool, here are some important elements:
- Bug ID: A unique identifier that lets you know which one is the bug. In the “Bug ID” column, the Bug ID will be automatically created.
- Bug Name: A bug name consists of the name of the feature where an issue was found. For example, when you are unable to save your profile while creating your account, the ideal bug name would be “ACCOUNT CREATION – Unable to save my profile”.
- Reporter Name: Whether it’s your team member or client who reports a bug, its important to keep track of reporter name. When it’s a client who finds a bug, you would want to follow him/her up when the bug is fixed.
- Reporter Email: To follow up on the status of a bug to a client, especially when it is fixed, you, therefore, need his/her email address.
- Submit Date: Submit date is always necessary to know when the bug is found, and therefore to know how long it takes to fix that bug.
- Summary: The “Summary” column consists of a brief explanation of the bug.
- URL: URL of the page where the bug is found. That way, it is easier for developers to spot the problem.
- Screenshot: Visual proof that will help developers to understand the problem better and faster.
- Environment: Knowing in what environment the bug is found is indeed essential for developers as websites may behave differently from one environment to another.
- Assignee: An assignee is a developer who is assigned to fix a bug. Each bug has a specific assignee.
- Bug Details: Bug details consist of repro steps that detail the steps taken before the bug is encountered.
- Priority: The “Priority” column indicates which bug is critical and needs immediate treatment.
- Status: The “Status” column allows to track the progress of each bug and to see how many items are done and how many of them are still requiring work.
- Comments: Managers can give their feedback in the “Comments” column. Other than that, it helps facilitate communications between managers and developers.
Track Your Bug with An Online Collaboration Tool
When you work in a software development team, having to deal with loads of bugs is indeed inevitable. Ensuring the smooth process of managing your bugs is a sine qua non. There are many bug tracking tools available in the market, yet for Small-Medium-Businesses, they can be too complex and sometimes expensive to afford. This Bug Tracker table from RowShare, ideal for small to medium-sized companies, offers a simple solution to manage your bugs.
This Bug Tracker table is designed to help you and your team to quickly find, record, and track issues or defects in a simpler way than a bug management software. Moreover, it allows you and your team to see at glance all the bug status. With its “Auto Number” column type, each bug automatically has a unique ID. Personalize it by adding or deleting columns. Share it with your clients, and if there is any column that doesn’t concern them, you can make it hidden
“The most important thing that resolved us to use Rowshare was in one hand, the easiness of use and in the other hand the simple way to handle permissions and groups of users, something that was a must for us.”
” In addition to saving time and improving the quality of our business information, RowShare brings peace of mind to our partners and enhances our business relationship with them. You can’t put a price on that!”
“We tried Excel, Google Sheets and Airtable, but they didn’t do the job with regards to letting users see only a part of the table while we see everything. Only RowShare could do that.”
Plan a Demo