How to save time with a brief
Depending on your strategy, you can assign reading rights for each of your writers so they can either have an overview of all article requests or you can limit this reading right to a single author concerned by confidential information, etc.
Each writer will own their own line and only they can fill in the information. As the owner of the table, you’ll have a consolidated overview of scheduled content along with their progress.
Let your creativity run free with customized column types.
- Progress %: a visual progress bar
- Comments for constructive discussion on the instructions and to raise any queries
How to save time with a brief
Knowing how to express your needs is crucial for the success of any project. Usually, we hear about writing up specifications for projects or assignments. In the field of writing and marketing content, this is called an “editorial brief.”
A well-written brief will let you start out on smooth and efficient collaboration with your writers, but it will also help you save time through accurate guidelines.
This process will also let you lay out your ideas and see them more clearly yourself in what you’re trying to set up. Depending on the profile of your writer, the brief should be more or less complete. For freelancers, it’s important for them to understand the business universe, the editorial guidelines, the context, and even your expectations.
The key information in a good brief
To make it an effective editorial brief, be concise and specific by setting out the main elements:
- The author: to assign writing an article to a specific person
- Content type: when you have several headings or categories
- Deadline: when you have an important requirement
- Word count: important especially if it may vary depending on the format to be completed
- Tone: coherent with the theme
- Format: article, blog post, press release, product file, etc. Each of these formats requires its own writing technique and style
- Project description: this area will provide precision, especially about the ideas to be dealt with
- Keywords: essential to optimize content for natural referencing
- Source: it’s easier to show an example rather than explain things
Use this editorial table template Other specific elements may be useful, including:
- Links you want to be listed to other content in order to optimize traffic on your blog and to optimize your SEO
- Any existing banners to bring the article to life visually
- Any visuals to illustrate your article
We offer an alternative solution to Word to manage your briefs: an online collaborative table. RowShare is as simple as a table, but it’s particularly smart for sharing information and to facilitate interaction.
Centralize all the information required to publish a post, including images, so you’ll have everything on hand for publication. By putting in a link to the article, you’ll have a reference to your posts and you can even view your pages directly in the table.
“The most important thing that resolved us to use Rowshare was in one hand, the easiness of use and in the other hand the simple way to handle permissions and groups of users, something that was a must for us.”
” In addition to saving time and improving the quality of our business information, RowShare brings peace of mind to our partners and enhances our business relationship with them. You can’t put a price on that!”
“We tried Excel, Google Sheets and Airtable, but they didn’t do the job with regards to letting users see only a part of the table while we see everything. Only RowShare could do that.”
Plan a Demo